FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: WorldGroup Advisory
10820 Mountainshire Cr, Littleton CO 80126
Auto Salvage Consultant.com Shares Results of First-of-Its-Kind Industry Study
FORT WORTH, Texas, November 22, 2006 – AutoSalvageConsultant.com is pleased to announce that it has just completed a survey of Auto Salvage yard owners who subscribe to its monthly e-newsletter According to firm CEO Ron Sturgeon, “The response was terrific. The survey was well received with good participation and we want to thank everyone who responded.”
The results are drawn from a sample which includes owners in 36 states and gives insights into how yard owners are managing their businesses. Regarding the study, Senior AutoSalvage.com consultant Mike Gibson says, “The study has given us a snapshot of the needs and interests of the average auto salvage yard. We expect most yard owners will find the results interesting and are happy to share them.”
The questions and responses are as follows:
- How many years has your company been in business? 60% answered more than 20 years.
- What type of yard management system do you use? 53.3% answered Hollander and 33.3% answered Pinnacle.
- What type of pay do most of your staff members receive? 73.3% said hourly/salary and 26.7% said performance pay.
- What is your position in your business? 60% said Owner or President and 20% said Manager.
- How many people does the business employ? 46.7% said 6-10, and 20% said 4-5.
- What types of vehicles do you dismantle? 86.7% said all makes and models of cars, trucks, vans and SUVs.
- What is you average monthly sales volume from all sources? 53% answered under $80,000.
- Do you use a bid pad to purchase vehicles? 60% said No, 40% said Yes.
- Do you calculate and track projected sales when bidding on vehicles? 60% said Yes, 40% said No.
- Is the business currently a member of a User Group? 73% said No.
- If your company is not currently a member of a User Group are you interested in joining one? 73% said Yes.
- Has an industry consultant ever done an operational review of your yard? 67% said No.
Auto Salvage Consultant.com was founded in 2001 by Ron Sturgeon. Ron is a successful entrepreneur, business owner, investor and auto salvage industry consultant with a strong background in strategy, operations management, finance and marketing for business evolution and strategic growth. After growing a chain of six auto salvage yards, he sold to Ford Motor Company in 1999. He later participated in the repurchase of Ford’s salvage subsidiary, Greenleaf, with Dixon Thayer, an ex-Ford employee. Ron also started and sold a state-of-the-art salvage auction to Copart [CPRT]. Ron has a proven ability to help clients develop and execute successful business plans. Mike Gibson, the senior consultant in the firm is a top-level executive with extensive hands on experience in management, business leadership and working with boards of directors, banks and attorneys. He assists our clients with budgets, cash forecasting, internal controls, business valuations, and acquisitions to increase productivity, efficiency and profitability. Mike uses his creative and analytical abilities to produce bottom line results for his clients. Mike was Ron’s Controller for several years before Ron sold to Ford, and Mike continued to work for Ford at Greenleaf. Auto Salvage Consultant.com is a leading source of information and consulting services for the auto salvage industry and Ron is a long-time member of the voice for the auto recycling industry, the Automotive Recycling Association.