This month I am pleased to announce that beginning in June I will send via email a monthly Auto Recycling Management Enewsletter to those recyclers and other interested parties who request it. I will endeavor to share my latest observations on the business climate, new developments in the industry, and my latest thoughts on how to improve your recycling business. There will be no charge for this newsletter, and it is available to all interested parties. Topics I expect to cover in the newsletter over the next year include these:
- Installing scalable systems to allow you to grow, while not letting the business control you
- Tips on running multiple locations
- Pay for performance in virtually all categories
- Extended warranty sales, a profit bonanza
- Accounting, inventory valuation, and cost of goods issues
- Marketing and strategic planning
- Family succession issues
- Buying best practices and inventory turns
- Buy outs, acquisitions and divestitures
- Condemnations and other zoning or valuation issues
I hope if you have missed any of my articles published since early 2002, you will visit my web site, WWW.autosalvageconsultant.com or www.rdsinvestments.com for information or reprints. Some of the titles of the past articles are the following:
- Business Is Great!
- Make a plan, and know your customer.
- Is Bigger Really Better?
- Brokered Parts-Blessing or Curse?
- Know your core competency and customer
- Tips on Marketing and Advertising
- Using a PDA (personal digital assistant) or, as you know it, a “Palm”
- Why are some doing so well while others struggle?
- Define what you want from a vendor – It’s helpful to you and them!
- Ron, All I Need Is More Money!
- What Does It Take To Start A New Auto Recycling Business?
- Are the costs of your inventory increasing?
- Know Your Banker!
- War And The Economy – And My Business Is Down
Next month: More good stuff from Chapter 4 of “Salvaging Millions”.
Remember, only you can make BUSINESS GREAT!
Please email if you would like me to send previous articles.
Ron Sturgeon is past owner of AAA Small Car World. In 1999, he sold his six Texas locations, with 140 employees, to Greenleaf. In 2001, he founded North Texas Insurance Auction, which he sold to Copart in 2002. In 2002, his book “Salvaging Millions” was published to help small business owners achieve significant success. He now manages his real estate holdings and investments, and does limited small business consulting. You can learn more about him at WWW.rdsinvestments.com (Click on “Interested in more information on Ron Sturgeon”.) He can be reached at 5940 Eden, Haltom City, TX 76117, (best) email@example.com or 817-834-3625 ext 206.